Tuesday, January 2, 2018

Embrace

As 2017 comes to an end and we welcome in a New Year, I've decided that I will Embrace 2018.

According to Mr. Webster, the definition of embrace is "To accept someone or something readily or gladly".  Another source defined it as "To accept (an opportunity, challenge, etc) willingly or eagerly".

I'm choosing to embrace 2018 in all its glory -- the good, the bad, the great, the not-so-great.

I'm going to embrace the chance to draw closer to God, to re-establish habits that draw me nearer to Him, allowing me to give up myself and give it all to Him.  I will embrace the unknown, the uncertain.  This one....THIS is hard for me!

I'm going to embrace the chance to improve myself physically and mentally.  I have set some goals, made some plans, and now...now I have to put action behind them.

I'm going to embrace the joys and challenges that come with raising two wild, crazy, unique-unto-themselves, sons.  This one....THIS is my greatest honor!

I'm going to embrace the 17th year of marriage to the love of my life!  To have and to hold, for better, for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health. This one....THIS is my greatest pleasure!

I'm going to embrace the chance to grow in my professional career.  I started a new job mid-way through 2017.  I love the position, the company, my teammates, and I'm excited to see what another year of experience and opportunity will look like!

I'm going to embrace the need to be courageous and to step out of my comfort zone as I strive to develop my health and wellness coaching opportunities. This starts right away!  Early in 2018 I will take two training courses that will certify me capable of teaching group fitness classes.  How exciting....And SCARY!

What about you?  How are you choosing to accept 2018 in to your life?

May I suggest that you embrace it!


No comments:

Post a Comment

From the Comfort of Home

If making it to the gym every morning or afternoon is stressing you out, try a few of the following tips for working out at home and let g...