Monday, December 11, 2017


What is your FUEL?

This morning, as I do most mornings, I prepared my favorite superfood shake -- chocolate Shakeology, spinach, and ½ frozen banana.  I took a picture of it with the intention of sharing it on social media and titling it “Fuel”.  Because truly, it IS fuel for my body….a great source of it!  Just one scoop of Shakeology includes 70 different Super Foods!  Foods like spirulina, moringa, maca root, chlorella, sacha inchi, and a bunch of other crazy good -- but hard to pronounce and even harder to find in the grocery store -- foods that do amazing things for my body.


But then I read THIS in my daily devotional….


“My Unfailing Love is your “Fuel” -- The best source of energy for you.  This glorious source of strength is limitless, so it is always abundantly available.”


The author goes on to say,
“While there is a place for such concerns, but they can occupy more and more of your thoughts.  When you are preoccupied with the condition of your body, I slip from the center of your mind to the periphery.”  


The remedy?


“Repent quickly -- turning away from obsessive thinking and turning wholeheartedly toward Me. The more you focus on Me, the more access you have to My unfailing Love.  This supernatural source of energy flows through you freely as you look to Me in trust.  Not only does this increase your energy level; it also provides a pathway for Me to love other people through you.  So let My Limitless Love energize and empower you as you walk along your life-path close to Me.


And who is this author?  Technically, it’s from a book called “Jesus Today” by Sarah Young.  But in reality, the words are written as though Jesus Himself is speaking to you!  Through faith, you can know that Jesus is with us in the midst of our trials.  He is right there with you, giving you strength and encouragement through His gentle presence.


“The Lord loves righteousness and justice; the earth is full of his unfailing love.”
Psalm 33:5



“Rejoice in the Lord always. Again I will say, rejoice!”
Philippians 4:4



“To this end I labor, struggling with all his energy, which so powerfully works in me.”
Colossians 1:29


“Whoever confesses that Jesus is the Son of God, God abides in him, and he in God.  And we have known and believed the love that God has for us.  God is love, and he who abides in love abides in God, and God in him.” 1 John 4:15-16



So while I will continue to fuel my physical body with good nutrition, today, tomorrow, and the days to come I will focus on fueling my heart, my mind, and my soul with the True Fuel -- The Unfailing Love our Lord and Saviour.

And I ask again....what is your FUEL?

No comments:

Post a Comment

From the Comfort of Home

If making it to the gym every morning or afternoon is stressing you out, try a few of the following tips for working out at home and let g...